Sunday, February 15, 2009

It's Done, Yeah! Craft project Update #2

My goodness it's been hard to find the time to post this.

 So I had to trace out all the name labels onto iron on adhesive paper and then cut them out.  It took some time getting all 11 done.  

With the iron on "silk" setting, lightly press the label onto the adhesive paper making sure you iron the paper side.  I used a piece of parchment paper between the label and my ironing surface because sometimes the glue can transfer onto your pad.  Make sure the glue has melted, peal off the paper and then place your label in the right spot on the tree, press and voila. 

Just a close up of the embroidered flowers and the family tree sign. 

Once I finished the ironing, I allowed it to set a while to make sure the glue had cooled enough and was firmly attached.  Then I cut out my backing material to the same size, pinned right sides together, straight stichted around the quilt leaving a 3 inch gap at the top.  When done, press, trim edges and pull the quilt right side out.  Handsew the gap closed.  Press again. 

Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of the complete finished project.  I didn't get it completely finished until Sat a.m. so we were a little rushed.  But you get the general gist. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I love hearing from you.